ChE 232 Fluid Mechanics (3 credits, ECTS: 5)
Offered in Spring 2017-18 – 2010-11
(Old 'Chemical Engineering I: Fluid Mechanics': spring 2009-10 and 2008-09)
- Dimensional analysis with applications. Fluid statics and its applications. Integral and differential mass, energy and momentum balances. Laminar and turbulent flow of Newtonian fluids. Flow measurements.
Prerequisites: CHE 110, PHYS 121, Math 102.
- J. O. Wiles, Fluid Mechanics for Chemical Engineers 2nd ed. with Microfluidics and CFD, Prentice Hall
- Units & Dimensions
- Fluid statics
- Overall balances (mass, energy, momentum, applications and flow measurements)
- Fluid friction in pipes
- Flow in chemical engineering equipment
- Differential Balances and some design applications